Statesville man celebrates $100,000 lottery win

August 10, 2018 Posted by NC Lottery at 2:23 PM

Johnnie Laws of Statesville is celebrating after he played $4,000,000 Diamond Dazzler and won $100,000.

Laws’ good fortune happened when he bought the $20 scratch-off ticket at the Good Deal on Newton Drive in Statesville.

He claimed the prize Thursday at lottery headquarters in Raleigh. After required state and federal tax withholdings, he took home $70,507.

$4,000,000 Diamond Dazzler launched in September 2017 with three $4 million prizes, six $1 million prizes, and six $100,000 prizes. One $4 million prize, three $1 million, and three $100,000 prizes remain.

8/13/2018 02:09 - Arthur A.

Nice!

8/12/2018 04:18 - Berry B.

Congrats!

8/12/2018 03:00 - Donna A.

Good job. They have been good tickets. Anyone understand how why the $30.00 tickets don't really have the number avail. between $1 and $10 Million as it says on the tickets??? Extreme is 26 not 30 and Colossal is 20 not 25???? Congrats. Diamond Winner. NC Lottery
The difference is the $1 million prizes in second-chance drawings. In Extreme Millions, there are four second-chance drawings for $1 million prizes. In Colossal Cash, there are 5 second-chance drawings for $1 million prizes. All tickets in either game can be entered into the drawings to get entries. You can learn more here. https://www.nclottery.com/Promotions Good luck.

8/11/2018 09:07 - James J.

Awesome! You bought a golden ticket! That's how the lottery works folks. If everyone who bought a ticket won there would be no lottery. If you cry because you don't win, stop playing! Obviously you can't afford it.

8/11/2018 07:53 - George H.

I'm Still Waiting Too!! Where's Mine? Congrats Man,Maybe I"ll Win Something Soon,Maybe On 9-5 For 1MILL,NICE.

8/11/2018 03:06 - TAMMY C.

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am patiently waiting for my big win.

8/11/2018 12:23 - ERIC T.

I'm still waiting on my turn to win big but I don't see it happening anytime soon it gets upsetting when you can't win anything but $4.00 off any kind of ticket. I just don't see how anyone from Thomasville can win anything especially me ??

8/10/2018 07:46 - carolyn b.

NICE 2 SEE SOMEONE IN IREDELL CO. WIN...THATS NEXT TO ME IM IN DAVIE CO.....VN WIN WTG.....

8/10/2018 05:59 - Gregory F.

Congratulations Mr. LAWS THIS A GREAT BLESSING FROM GOD. ENJOY YOUR BLESSING. AT LEAST SOMEONE IS WINNING I CAN'T WIN ANYTHING I HAVE BEEN BUYING TICKETS ENTERING THE SECOND CHANCE DRAWING CAN'T WIN ANYTHING.

8/10/2018 05:35 - Michael R.

Where's it at

8/10/2018 04:50 - Maurice H.

BLESS YOU!

8/10/2018 04:01 - Brian P.

Great job! This is a good game, congrats again!

8/10/2018 03:51 - DL H.